Healthy boundaries are a gift. They are helpful guidelines that give shape to our relationships. God set boundaries in the creation of the world, not to limit creation, but to protect it and let it flourish. Boundaries create safe spaces and help to build trust. However, in our society sometimes we hear the word boundaries as a negative one.
In this training you will be introduced to the nature of boundaries and the issues of power and vulnerability. The course provides an ethical and theological understanding of healthy boundaries, as well as practical acknowledgement of the arenas that are often challenging for those in ministry. Specifically exploring the complex roles and situation of ministry in a thoughtful and reflective way. You will have the opportunity to share experiences, and respond to situations through interactive discussions, as well as receive resources and have time for individual reflection.
Course materials and lunch are provided by Atlantic Coast and Franconia Conferences. Donations on the day of the training are welcome.
This training is open to anyone who wishes to attend. Please register by August 24, if possible. All credentialed leaders of Atlantic Coast Conference will be required to attend this training. Trainings will be held:
- Saturday, September 15, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Centro de Alabanza (map) (Spanish translation available upon request)
- Online via Zoom – Sunday Nights in September, 8 pm – 10 pm, September 9, 16, 23, & 30 (Must attend all 4 sessions for credit)
- Online via Zoom– Wednesday Mornings in October – November, 8:30 am – 10:30 am, October 3, 17, 31, and Nov 7 (Must attend all 4 sessions for credit)
- Saturday, September 29, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Albany, NY. Specific location TBD. This training is being offered in collaboration with New York Conference
- Friday, October 26, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Akron Mennonite Church (map) (Spanish translation available upon request)