Registration deadline: September 1
Nelson Okanya was born and raised in Kenya, Nelson interacted with the Kenya Mennonite Church and the EMM mission community in Nairobi. He is fluent in English, Kiswahili, and Luo. He has participated in numerous short-term cross-cultural mission experiences; he and his wife, Jessica, served at the Mennonite Theological College of Eastern Africa in 2004. He most recently served as the lead pastor at Capital Christian Fellowship in Lanham, Maryland. Nelson and Jessica are the parents of two young sons, Barak and Izak.
Andrew Mashas was raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania where his parents were witnessed to and discipled by EMM church planters. He is a graduate of Bloomsburg University and served in various short term missions experiences in Bangladesh and Nepal. He and his wife, Hilary, and baby son, Theodore, live in Lancaster and attend Sunnyside Mennonite Church.
Nelson and Andrew will share on the theme of The Untold Story. Living in a world with so much chaos and brokenness, injustice and violence, while being told to chase the American dream does not seem like the life and world Jesus calls us to live and create. He calls us to another story, one of redemption and hope. It’s time we as disciples of Jesus reclaim that other story by crossing cultures, engaging the world, and making disciples of Jesus.
- Daily Worship & Resource times
- Ice Cream Social & school-kit bagging project
- Friday evening meeting with youth leaders immediately following campfire
- Saturday afternoon tournaments: 4v4 volleyball & 3v3 basketball
- Zipline, Climbing Wall, Giant Swing & Peddle Carts
- Late night open gym times
- Sunday morning youth leader meeting during breakfast
- Small group time…Saturday morning/evening, Sunday morning after worship.
- Saturday evening Coffee house/talent show will be combined with our snack time. Please talk to your youth now and encourage them to participate!
1) Cover Letter 2017 Final
2) Retreat Schedule (Draft) Final Schedule will be given at registration on Friday night
3) Registration Form 17′ Final Submit to the ACC office with payment by September 1st
4)Activities Release and Wavier Form 2017 To be handed in at registration on Friday night
5) Youth Medical Release Form17 To be kept with keep with youth leaders in the event that one of your youth would require medical assistance during the weekend
These two forms, and the background clearance checks that they describe, must be completed by all youth leaders/chaperones attending the ACC Fall Retreat. (Background certification instructions)
6) ACC Youth Events Volunteer Covenant: To be signed by youth leader/chaperones after the necessary clearances have been filed with the church. Should be handed in at registration on Friday night.
7) Congregational Youth Verification Form To be signed by a congregational representative after the necessary clearances for each youth leader attending the Fall Retreat have been filed with the church. Must be submitted to ACC Office well before the retreat.
Our ACC Youth Committee hopes that you will attend. We thank you for loving youth and giving so freely of your time to encourage them in life. Pray for this event; that those who attend will be encouraged, challenged, and inspired to commit to/continue the “journey of faith in Jesus.”
Please register by September 1st!
For facility information, a view of the camp and directions visit www.refreshingmountain.com