September 8-10, 2023
Refreshing Mountain, Stevens, PA
ACC youth groups are invited to the 2023 Fall Youth Retreat at Refreshing Mountain. The weekend will include daily worship and resoure times, elevated obstacle course, nighttime ultimate frisbee and trivia.
Our theme this year is Dealing with Conflict, Imitating Jesus. There are several phrases that come to mind regarding conflict resolution strategies you may have grown up with: Forgive and forget, don’t go to bed angry, don’t be a doormat, and stick up for yourself. Which of those resonates for you? What might you add to that list? And what’s the right way to deal with conflict? The gospels provide clear messages about forgiveness, loving our neighbors, and practicing unity within the church. None of these come naturally…and some people are just plain hard to get along with! However there are strategies we can use to help us honor others and ourselves when we disagree or experience harm. This years’ youth retreat will connect Biblical teachings with practical strategies for conflict resolution. Join us for this time of exploration and conversation, as we together strive to imitate Jesus.
Our speaker this year is Krista Rittenhouse. Krista is the Director of Restorative Justice at Advoz, a non-profit providing mediation and restorative practices in Lancaster County. Having graduated from Eastern Mennonite University in 2014 with a degree in Peacebuilding and Development, she started working with Advoz as a volunteer Victim-Offender Conferencing facilitator before considering RJ work as a professional option. While working in conflict-resolution matches one of her passions, Krista also enjoys game nights, making greeting cards, and almost all things active and outside.
Cost per person (youth and leaders): $125
- Registration Form: submit to the ACC office with payment by August 25th
- Activities Release & Waiver Form: Camp requires this form to use the facilities. Should be handed in for each youth at registration on Friday night.
- Medical Release Form: To be kept with youth leaders in the event that one of your youth would require medical assistance during the weekend. This is a template for you to use.
- Congregational Youth Event Verification form: must be signed by youth leader/chaperones after the necessary clearances have been filed with the church. Should be handed in by registration on Friday night. Please fill this out completely!
- Youth Events Volunteer Covenant: To be signed by a congregational representative after the necessary clearances for each youth leader attending the Fall Retreat have been filed with the church. Must be submitted to ACC Office prior to the retreat.